Alfa Insurance® Back to School Social Media Giveaway
(Contest Period: July 21, 2021 – August 2, 2021)
1. Eligibility: The Alfa Back to School Giveaway is open to: (a) legal residents of Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi; (b) that have “Liked” Alfa’s Facebook page; (c) have “Liked” the original Giveaway post on Alfa’s Facebook; and (d) commented the name of their school in the comments section of original Giveaway post on Alfa’s Facebook. Alfa employees and/or immediate family member (living in the same household) are not eligible.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Alfa Mutual Insurance Company, 2108 East South Boulevard, Montgomery, Alabama 36116. The term “Sponsor”, as used herein, includes Alfa Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees, and directors. This Contest is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc.
3. Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins July 21, 2021, at 12:01 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on August 2, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
5. How to Enter: The Contest is offered electronically. You may enter the Contest by “Liking” Alfa’s Facebook page, “Liking” the Alfa Back to School Giveaway original post and commenting the name of the school you are nominating to win in the comments section of original Giveaway post on Alfa’s Facebook during the Contest Period. Entrants can enter once on Facebook. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. The winner of the school supplies prize will be a school that was nominated by someone on either Facebook.
6. Drawings: The Sponsor will select one (1) potential winning school in a random drawing of all entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period at the time of the drawing. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winning school within two (2) days of the drawing. The prize will be awarded only on verification by Sponsor that all Contest requirements have been met.
7. Prizes: There is one (1) prize available during the Contest Period. The winning school will receive various student school supplies from Alfa[BS1] . The Sponsor will attempt to deliver or mail prizes within five (5) days of winner verification. No prize substitutions are allowed except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner will be a school that was nominated by someone else.
8. Publicity: Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, contact information, biographical information, and residence for lead references wherein Sponsor may contact the entrant to inquire about purchasing insurance. By participating in the Contest, you agree that the Sponsor or Facebook will not be responsible for the failure or malfunction of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment affecting participation in or any other aspect of the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupts the security or proper administration of the Contest, and the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you hereby release and discharge the Sponsor and Facebook from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to their participation in this Contest, your use or acceptance of any prize, and/or any actions or decisions of the Sponsor in connection with the conduct and administration of this Contest. You hereby waive any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with any claim against the Sponsor and Facebook.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Alabama or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Alabama.
12. Trademark: Alfa Insurance and Alfa are federally registered trademarks of Alfa Corporation. Facebook is a federally registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Enter for a chance for your school to win by "Liking" Alfa's Facebook Page, “Liking” the original giveaway post on Alfa’s Facebook Page and commenting with name of the school you are nominating to win in the comments section of original Giveaway post on Alfa’s Facebook original post. The winner will be a school nominated by someone else. Entries must be received between July 21 and August 2, 2021.