Alfa Insurance® Customer Survey Contest Rules
1. Eligibility: The Alfa Insurance Experience Survey Contest (“Contest”) is open to: (a) legal residents of Alabama, Georgia, or Mississippi; (b) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; and (c) have completed the Insurance Experience survey during the Contest Period. Employees, agents, and customer service representatives of Alfa Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Alfa Mutual Insurance Company, 2108 East South Boulevard, Montgomery, Alabama 36116. The term “Sponsor”, as used herein, includes Alfa Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees and directors.
3. Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins February 22nd, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on March 8th, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”).
5. How to Enter: The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. You may enter the Contest by completing the Insurance Experience survey during the Contest Period. To enter without doing the survey electronically, please write your name, address, telephone number and email address on a 3x5 inch postcard and mail it in an envelope to Alfa Insurance, Integrated Marketing, ATTN: Insurance Experience Survey, 2108 East South Blvd., Montgomery, Alabama, 36116. A survey will be mailed to you. The survey must be completely filled out and received back during the Contest Period for the entry to be valid. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person.
6. Drawings: On or about the week following the Contest Period, the Sponsor will select the name of five (5) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period at the time of the drawing. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners within fifteen (15) days of the drawing. Prizes will be awarded only on verification by Sponsor that all Contest requirements have been met by the winners.
7. Requirements of Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within ten (10) calendar days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
8. Prizes: There are five (5) prizes available during the Contest Period. Each winner will receive a Visa gift card valued under $100. The Sponsor will attempt to deliver or mail prize within thirty (30) days of winner verification. No prize substitutions are allowed except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. This is a taxable event and all federal, state, and local taxes and expenses related to the receipt of a prize are the responsibility of the winners. Consult your tax advisor. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person and/or household.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biographical information and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: By participating in the Contest, you agree that the Sponsor will not be responsible for the failure or malfunction of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment affecting participation in or any other aspect of the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you hereby release and discharge the Sponsor from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to their participation in this Contest, your use or acceptance of any prize, and/or any actions or decisions of the Sponsor in connection with the conduct and administration of this Contest. You hereby waive any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with any claim against the Sponsor.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Alabama or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Alabama.
13. Results: To receive the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Alfa Insurance, ATTN: Insurance Experience Survey Contest, P.O. Box 11000, Montgomery, Alabama 36191-0001.
14. Trademark: Alfa and Alfa Insurance are registered trademarks of Alfa Corporation. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.