Understanding the Claims Process
Once your claim is received by Alfa®, it is assigned to an Alfa adjuster in your area. The adjuster will contact you to evaluate your coverage and to make the appropriate assessments of your damage. The adjuster may write an estimate, suggest that you utilize our direct repair program, or invite you to obtain an estimate from a repair vendor of your choice.
The following are things you can do to help us help you:
- Contact Alfa immediately after the damage or loss has occurred. You may report this to any Alfa office, online at https://www.alfainsurance.com/claims/report-a-claim or call 1-800-964-2532, option 2. It is very important that you do not wait.
- Gather as much information as possible such as your policy number, date of the loss, what caused the loss, your contact information, the severity of your loss and witnesses.
- Make temporary repairs such as covering broken windows and holes in the roof to prevent further damage from occurring. Save all receipts related to these repairs and be prepared to provide to your adjuster.
- If possible, take photographs of your damaged property and be prepared to provide to your adjuster.
- If your property is deemed uninhabitable due to a covered loss, you may be entitled to additional living or housing expense. The adjuster assigned to your loss will verify your policy coverages. If this coverage is applicable to your loss, please keep copies of all your expenditures such as hotel and restaurant receipts.
On Aug. 27, 2017, Tate Farms, an agritourism operation in Madison County, lost central structures and animals to a devastating fire. Within hours of the fire, our team was on site to lend support and guidance during the difficult time. This is their story.