- Property coverage: Alfa® provides physical damage coverage for watercraft, motor, trailer and covered accessories at 10 percent of your watercraft coverage. Additional accessory coverage is available for fire, explosion, lightning, theft and other perils.
- Liability coverage: Alfa extends personal liability coverage that may include the cost of defending lawsuits and medical payments.
About Alfa's Watercraft Policies
The policy covers typical hazards including:
- Collision with another watercraft
- In-use collision with a water hazard
- In-transit collision
- Trailer overturn
- Emergency service
Alfa provides personal liability coverage for negligent acts for which you may be legally liable up to the limits of the policy. It also provides for the cost of defending lawsuits brought against you for a covered loss. This policy also provides medical payments for those other than insureds, who may incur medical expenses due to an accident that causes bodily injury.
What If I Need More Coverage?
Our watercraft policies can be personalized for your specific needs. Below are a few endorsements we offer on boat insurance.
- Trip Interruption Endorsement – Be prepared for the worst while traveling with your watercraft. Suffer a breakdown? Trip Interruption insurance will provide coverage up to the policy limit for meals and lodging in the city where the breakdown occurred while you await repairs to your boat or trailer.
- Personal Effects Increased Coverage Endorsement – Your watercraft policy already includes coverage for personal property you may have on the boat such as cameras, cell phones, coolers, fishing and water skiing equipment, but the amount of coverage may not be enough to cover all your belongings. Be sure you’re fully covered with this endorsement.
* This is not an insurance policy. It is intended only to provide a general description of Alfa Insurance® and/or its product lines and services. An actual policy contains the specific details of the coverages, conditions, and exclusions. Alfa Insurance is a federally registered trademark of Alfa Corporation.