Protection that works when your home equipment doesn’t.
Your homeowners policy covers a wide array of perils to your home and contents, but what happens when your household equipment breaks down? Alfa®’s Home Systems Protection coverage will better protect your home equipment and systems for just a small additional premium.
What is Home Systems Protection?
Home Systems Protection is a low-cost coverage enhancement option to your homeowners policy that covers the repair or replacement of important systems in your home due to a mechanical or electrical failure. Consider it the cherry on top of your homeowners policy.
- Alfa's Home Systems Protection coverage provides a coverage limit of $100,000 with a $500 deductible for equipment up to 14 years of age, and up to $2,000 of coverage with a $500 deductible on older items.
- Covers the repair or necessary replacement of the damaged home equipment.
- Provides for loss of use and related spoilage of refrigerated or frozen products, up to $10,000.
While this doesn’t cover normal “wear and tear” issues that occur over time, it can provide coverage for sudden, accidental breakdowns to the following items:
- Geothermal and solar installations
- Air conditioning and heating systems
- Control panels
- Electrical garage door openers/gates
- Electrical panels and back-up generators
- Elevators and chair lifts
- Fire and security systems (fire protective sprinkler piping excluded)
- Hot water heaters
- Pool and hot tub equipment/filtration systems
- Water treatment and filtration equipment
- Well pumps
- Computers, tablets and smartphones
- Health monitoring systems
- Home exercise equipment
- Home theater and audio systems
- Shop equipment not used for business
Why Do I Need It?
The systems we use every day, and often take for granted, are at the heart of our home. You may not even notice your home equipment unless something stops working. When that happens, you’ll want things to get back to normal as soon as possible at minimal cost to you. Our Home Systems Protection coverage will help you do that.
With major appliances, air conditioning systems and home theater systems averaging hundreds of dollars to repair and up to a few thousand dollars to replace, ask yourself – can you afford not to have Home Systems Protection coverage?