If you're involved in a bodily injury or property damage suit, our personal umbrella policy will pay the costs of the investigation, defense and settlement of a covered claim, up to the policy limits, if your other insurance has been exhausted. And if you lose earnings complying with our requests during defense proceedings, we will pay up to $250 a day ($5,000 maximum) for this loss.
- You hit a water skier who is down in the water
- Your teenage daughter runs a stop sign, causing a serious accident
- A salesperson trips on a crack in your sidewalk
- A neighbor's child drowns in your swimming pool while you're on vacation
- Your son at college accidentally injures someone in an innocent fraternity prank
All of these are examples of claims that may have damages beyond your primary policy’s liability limits.